Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Little Miss Monet

I want to tell everyone about Monet
Monet is the little girl I nanny
But it's more than that, I am her big sister, 2nd mom and best friend
The first time I moved to California I was 18 and just graduated high school
Monet was 3 at the time {so cute}
I lived with the Newton Family for 6 months
In that 6 months Monet and I created a bond that will never be broken
I never would have guessed that I would move back here to San Luis and start babysitting her again at age 5
Monet is now 7 
and one of the best friends I have ever had

She just recently gave me this note
 Translation:
Thank you Hayley for being my friend and my nanny. you support me, all of your wishes should come true because you are a great person.
love- Monet
 So Sweet!!
I really love this girl and since we are usually together 5 days a week, when i don't get to see her for a couple days, I really miss her!!

 I love watching Monet get older and learn new things
I love seeing the joy in her eyes when she gets excited
I love sitting in one room and hearing her laugh all by herself in the other

When Kyle and I first started dating-Monet had a BIG crush on Kyle too!
When we would talk about him I would tell her i get the butterflies and she would say "SO DO I!!" with a big smile on her face! :)
After i printed this picture for her she took it and put it in a frame in her bedroom
But after time I think she realized she wasn't going to be able to marry him and so she settled for being his best bud!

Monet is so sweet and kind hearted
{Yes, she does have her days-but what 7 year old doesn't}
By the way she talks to me whether it's about her friends, family, teachers or the stranger we just passed on the street, I know she just wants everyone to be happy
I often find her thinking about what she can do for others or how she can make them happy
I am so proud of Monet!

Monet just finished first grade
A couple days before she finished school we were driving in the car and she said, "Hayley, how old will you be when I'm in high school?"
I sat for a second trying to do the math...
Then she said "You aren't going to be a Grandma are you!? Cause I really don't know if I want to always be hanging out with a Grandma!"
haha. I said "No, not even close!!"

I love my little Miss Monet
& want her to always make the right decisions and be happy in every way as she grows up

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! You two are so cute together. I love seeing all the pictures through the years together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I Love her note! I was telling Ricky the other day that I wish you lived her because you would be the best babysitter for Quinley! And other reasons too of course:)

    ReplyDelete