Thursday, March 21, 2013

What's 3 more weeks!?


I have never mentioned on our blog that I have been in a boot since November.
It is awful! I can limp around without it, mornings are the worst.
But the boot makes it bearable to walk on.
I had surgery 5 years ago on my ankle and now it is bone on bone and there is a lot of arthritis in it and it has created bone spurs.
I am unable to bring my foot up to a 90 degree angle and I can't point it down.
It is just stuck in one spot!
The best thing for me would be to get an ankle replacement, but the doctor said to wait about 10 years because by then it would be more advanced and more like hip/knee replacements where it is done all the time.
So for now they will just go in and shave off the bone spurs. If it goes as planned, it should be pretty easy. I won't need crutches and only a little physical therapy.
The reason it has taken so long is because we had to see a few different doctors to finally find an answer that we were happy with. (One doctor said I would never walk normal again without a brace...we didn't go back to her!!)
Then we had to wait for some insurance things to go through so finally we scheduled my surgery for today!
It was going to be perfect! It's Kyle's Spring break, my surgery was in Ventura (by where his parents live) and he was going to work for his dad for the week  and a half while I recovered at my in-laws.
& Ashley was going to watch Monet for me.

Because of some things that were overlooked when my surgery was scheduled it got changed to April 15. So what's 3 more weeks!?
Don't know why it couldn't work out, but there must be a reason.

So I sent Kyle on the train to go work for his Dad!

Make me some money Honey!
It was Kyle's first train ride since he was a kid, so he so kindly let me take a picture!
I'm going to go to Camarillo this weekend and next, so..
 I won't be missing him too much!!


1 comment: